As some of you might have realised, I am not humming and puffing on the new nids.
Long story short... just can't do it right now. No niddy juice.
But I have tons of "Build Stuff for Inifinity-Juice" right now.
The MAS Terrain is absolutly fantastic (aside from some assembly issues I had...) and the Concret Walls they are offering were the first Terrain pices that used those awesome acrylic Ad-Boards, which made me instantly fall in love with that terrain. But more about Ads and the like at another spot.
Playing my first games of Inifinity, I realised, we needed LOTS of terrain, but I am not that rich to afford all the stuff I want to have. So I have to settle for more affordable solutions and today I want to share my approach on "Affordable Walls" with you.
Materials from the (well sorted) Home-Improvement-Store
- unwaxed corktiles (from the floor department) I had 50cm x 50cm x 0,6cm
- the white, hollow plastic pole I have no english word for. I found it in the "metal department" in the Home Improvement Store (again... it was very well sorted) where they had all sorts of different sizes. I chose a 18mm wide.
But you can probably use simply a piece of wood, with the right measurements.
- Filler (best to use, some that stays a little flexible, probably wood filler. I use simple wall filler and got some cracks now :/ )
Things you might have at home:
- metal rules (ideal with some sort of angle)
- PVA-Glue (I used fast curing for maximum speed)
- Rasp or Sandpaper
The HOW TO:
Well, I guess the pictures I took are quite selfexplaining.
I made 2 different lenght: 10cm and 20cm. I was picturing miniatures running along that walls and since 10cm is a quite common movement in Infinity, I thought that whould fit.
The hights I used:
Wall 7cm high, Pole at the end of the Wall 8cm high.
Step 6 - You can skip this, if you use wood poles.
Step 7 Et voila!
Next time... Paint on my Walls!
I hope you enjoyed this and found my musings helpfull!