Sunday, December 8, 2013

10.000 Clicks & Sedition Wars Up date 8



Greetings Archivists!

WE DID IT!


CLICKs and more coming!
Thank you all to bear me so long!
I did not expect for this to be going so well!!!


It is about time, I give you a little update on my latest doings in the Sedition Wars Universe.

Disclaimer ahead: I got a new camera and I am still trying to find out which settings are the best for miniatures.
Some pictures have there fore an odd reddish tone, but I hope they still show you what I have done sofar.

First I would like to show you the reason for the rather "bright" color-pallet I use for my bases.
The Gaming table in my room has the same colors... so... a moody shot of my vanguard:

 Next one of my favourite Wave 2 carackters: Biohazard Vade

I tried to stick with the White for the suite. The shoulder guard is greyish to tie him to the rest of the gang.

The baby drones are just awesome in my book. Simple yet great looking. I added some minor stuff to support the techy design.

I try to give the different bright colors the vanguard sports an certain meaning. I decided that a whitish violet should be the "power source" for defensive stuff


My latest investion was the terrain set. And once it will be available in stores, I will get another one for sure. The stuff is just to awesome.
I started with the strain marker, since my gaming buddy has painted the doors.

Here you can see the mouldlines of death, appearing AFTER the primer... at somepoint you have to decide: remove all mouldllines... or paint the stuff.
I chose the later

As a side note... I resculpted the "mouth" part, since the cast nearly erased the definition the teeth had...



I tried to keep the flesh tone on the markes the same. But every marker type had it's own color. The green I used for these was swallowed by the camera...

Probably my favourite strain maker... just love this "mouth"

My recent starts on the Phase 3 Strain finaly got some paint aswell...



Some one on the Sedition Wars board had painted his Witch that awesome red face. I just had to steal that :D

Hope you like my doings!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice job.
    Do you play on the terrain shown on the first pic? I'd love to see more pictures of it. It's very inspiring. I was under the impression that gw terrain wouldńt suit the sedition wars universe but you seem to have made a nice table that goes well with the Sw minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is my table :) Glad you like it.

    I will try and make some more moody shots of the table :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great. Can't wait.
    So you've played Sedition Wars game on that table. Did you have to modify a few rules?
    I'm in the process of painting my Sedition Wars minis. I haven't played yet and I must admit I'd rather play on 3d terrain than on the cardboard tiles I got in the box.

    ReplyDelete